This is my favorite dinner to cook, period! The taste is always delicious, so for you chicken and potato lovers, this is for you!
There’s a funny story about how I found this recipe for the Parmesan crusted chicken. I was at my grandmother’s house a few years ago and I went to get a bottle of water from her refrigerator. That’s when I saw a mayonnaise jar on the door. I looked at the words Parmesan crusted chicken a few times before I took my cell phone out and took a picture of it. A few nights later, I tried this recipe and fell in love. I have it at least twice a month.
Here is the original recipe if you want!
Here is how I make my Parmesan crusted chicken and oven roasted potatoes!
First you will need (you can find these in any local grocery store):
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- A jar of mayonnaise (any kind)
- Parmesan cheese (I prefer Kraft, but you can use any kind)
- Italian breadcrumbs
- Potatoes (I use 6)
- Onion Soup Mix
- Olive Oil
- Freezer Bag
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Take your potatoes and cut them up into eighths. The smaller the cuts are, the easier the potatoes will cook in the oven.
- Get a freezer bag, the onion soup mix, and the olive oil. Drop your cut up potatoes in the freezer bag. Open and pour in the onion mix. Lastly, put just a little of the olive oil in there. Shake it up! Below is what your bag should look like:
- Pour your potatoes into an oven safe container (I used glass, but feel free to use a baking sheet, etc.). After this, your potatoes are oven ready!
- Take your chicken out of the packaging and set it in an oven safe container (I used glass again, but use whatever you prefer). Get a measuring cup out for the next part! Take your mayo and use 1/2 cup. After that, take your parmesan cheese and mix in 1/4 cup into the mayo. Stir it and make sure there aren’t any big clumps of cheese in the mayo!
- When you’re finished with the mixture, take a spoon and scoop out what you have onto your chicken breasts. After you spread the mixture evenly, put your breadcrumbs on top. They should cover the mayo (it really helps the taste in my opinion).
- You’re oven ready! Put the chicken and potatoes in! The oven should be preheated at 425°F. My times always range between 25-35 minutes. Make sure that your chicken is not overcooking. The potatoes are fine as long as you need the chicken in there!
Enjoy your meal!!